“Righteous are you, O Lord, and right are your rules.”
Via Church Family,
I am so encouraged to see Via Church so active this past week – my head is almost spinning. Here are just a few highlights beyond our regular ministries:
- 150 people came to the Hope Summit to hear about Via’s vision for 2017-2018 and committing ourselves to this vision we are calling Hope Initiative. We started the night with a huge pizza party in the courtyard and ended by praying over our city looking at a live camera feed from atop the Café and Kid’s Building.
- Via Communities are finding their rhythm and are growing quickly – lots of new relationships are being formed.
- Our Albania Team of 8 is working alongside our friends at Gospel of Christ Church in Tirana. They are there to encourage and further the work being done among the poor.
- Over 20 youth showed up this week (they’re on fall break) for a work day at Via and really got some things organized and cleaned – they had lunch and a movie afterwards. I love our students!
- Last night 58 people (of all ages) served at Feed My Starving Children – helping those affected by hurricane Matthew as well as those in tough places around the world.
- People have worked together, getting some home furnishings to a family getting back on their feet. This family has been recently changed by the grace of Jesus through ministry at Via Church.
- Compassion is flowing as we minister to some families in our congregation who have lost loved ones – these services are scheduled at Via over the next few days.
I could go on and on…but you get the picture. When I say our mission is being accomplished, I mean it. We are reflecting the hope of Christ every day!
Here are some things I need you to know…
RECAPTURING RELATIONAL HEALTH
Join us for this our Third Sunday at 6pm in The Chapel as Dr. John Michaels from Professional Counseling Associates shares some simple tools to help guide us toward health in our interpersonal relationships. If you are a struggling spouse, a frustrated parent, an upset co-worker, a bewildered boss, etc., this night will help you relate to those in your life–by understanding yourself and what you can and cannot control. There are activities for all kids ages birth through 18 on Sunday nights.
We have recently updated our online giving system and are receiving a lot of positive feedback. If this option is for you, you can join the many others who have discovered the benefits of online giving by visiting viachurch.org/give.
I can’t wait to worship together this Sunday – I am super excited to teach our next portion of Psalm 119.
It’s all about Jesus,